Dear God

Prayer makes your heart bigger, until it is capable of containing the gift of God Himself. Mother Teresa

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

True Friends

Thank you for my friends. I love them everyday. I've heard people say, friends will come and go from our lives, but can I keep the really good ones? The ones that make me feel loved? The ones that are there for me when I need them. The ones that let me help when they need me.
Truly these friends are blessings. If I lose but one my heart will cry. New ones are fragile. I must cradle and nurture the growing fondness. The lasting ties are solid as the oak tree. Let me not forget them in my busy life. May I be in their thoughts as well. I pray time can be taken to talk, share and learn.
War has taken one. I pray for Jeff and his family. You know them just as you know me. Give her strength for the coming year ahead.
My friends have become closer than family. Lord, I need them- you know I do. I wish that some of them knew you.
Make me a true friend. The kind that you would want. Even at my best, not nearly good enough, I hurt the ones I love, forgive me. Make me new, and once again...true.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home