Dear God

Prayer makes your heart bigger, until it is capable of containing the gift of God Himself. Mother Teresa

Friday, December 03, 2004

Gifts from You

Dear God,
You know I love Christmas. 9 years ago tomorrow you gave me a gift. Megan. I love her so much. She is an Angel. Sweet child with those big brown eyes. How can I be truely thankful? I say that I am, I feel that I am, I know that I am.
11 years, 10 months and 9 days ago you gave me Katelyn. I love her with all my heart. You know the struggles we've had. She has tested my strength and therefore made me a better mother...a better person. It's what I asked for when she was born. To be a good mother. Thank you for your answer to my prayer. However, not exactly the way I thought you'd answer. If I had any idea...I might have asked for something else...then again, no. You know what I need and what I can handle. I can guess there is a lot more to come. Please strengthen our whole family unit. She will need it just as much as me. Help me be patient and kind.
Love,
Kathy

3 Comments:

  • At December 3, 2004 at 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just wanted to tell you that you have really touched me! I am a mother of 2 young children and I have had the same thoughts as you! Thank you for sharing, it was a blessing.

     
  • At December 3, 2004 at 1:03 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I think being a "good parent" is one of the toughest things to do, but easier somehow when you ask God for help. Slows me down, and gets me centered.
    Bless you!

     
  • At December 3, 2004 at 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you Kathy...Parenting tries my patients at times but your right it does keep you centered. Hope your children realize what a blessing they have to have a mother that loves them so deeply.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home