Dear God

Prayer makes your heart bigger, until it is capable of containing the gift of God Himself. Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Shock

Lord,

I'm in shock over the loss of life in Asia. I do not understand why you let this happen. It's terrible, awful, sickening. History tells me that massive deaths like this have happened before, but not in my lifetime. It's different seeing it happen on the 6 o'clock news than in a book. Why don't terrible things like this happen where I live? Am I immune to such circumstances?
Do you love me more? No, I didn't think so.

All the children!! Wives, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends.
Life is fragile. What do you want to teach me? How will the world change?

Reminder for myself...
He knows and sees what I cannot know or see today.
I'll just have to take comfort in that.
You know all, understand all, love all. Your grace is sufficient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home