Dear God

Prayer makes your heart bigger, until it is capable of containing the gift of God Himself. Mother Teresa

Monday, January 31, 2005

Didn't ya see that?

Aren't you proud of me? ...NO?!?!

But I was so efficient today. Didn't I impress you with my ability to seek and destroy every bit of dust, every string of hair?

The house sparkles! The dirt is history. Gone!

Isn't that impressive?

What do you mean I missed a spot? Where?

I washed the dishes twice!

I even mopped the garage floor. I washed the sheets. I washed the rugs! I organized the boxes under the house.

I made a nice dinner...
The girls are reading, not watching TV. Their homework is done. The cats have been fed.

I've talked with friends, paid the bills, bought the valentine cards...what did I miss?

The light bulb?...no I changed it.
Oh, the mail...I forgot to pick up the mail. Guess I'm not perfect.
What? That's not it?

What then? What isn't clean yet?

THE MEATLOAF PAN!?!?

I scrubbed that pan for a long time. Thought it was clean, so I placed it on the rack. Wiped it down and found grease smeared all over my drying towel. Yuck. More laundry. More work for me.

Why couldn't I see the grease?

Why do some stains never leave a garment?

How can you make things white as snow?

Forgive me Father...I'm sorry....make me white as snow.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home